Hi,

I just tagged STRIKER_2_0_44_PRE3.  I think this is going to be
our .44.  It would be nice to give it one more day on daedalus
and get some +1s on it.

Thanks,

Sander

Differences since PRE2 tag:

=== httpd-2.0

[x] CHANGES
[x] STATUS

[x] Makefile.win
    wrowe
    Adapt to Brane's apr-iconv patch that provides for make install, and makes
    httpd a little less intimate with apr internals.

[x] configure.in
    gregames
    switch back to using srclib/apr/build for AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR so DSOs can be
    built with libtool < 1.4.

    This is expected to be temporary until the complete platform independent
    APR-less build system can be integrated into the stable branch.

[x] build/NWGNUenvironment.inc
    bnicholes
    Don't require MMX

[x] docs/STATUS
[x] docs/manual/content-negotiation.html.en
[x] docs/manual/content-negotiation.xml
[x] docs/manual/sitemap.html.de
[x] docs/manual/sitemap.xml.de
[x] docs/manual/upgrading.html.de
[x] docs/manual/upgrading.html.en
[x] docs/manual/upgrading.xml
[x] docs/manual/upgrading.xml.de
[x] docs/manual/mod/core.html.en
[x] docs/manual/mod/core.xml
[x] docs/manual/mod/mod_speling.html.en
[x] docs/manual/mod/mpm_common.html.en
[x] docs/manual/mod/quickreference.html.de
[x] docs/manual/mod/quickreference.html.en
[x] docs/manual/ssl/ssl_faq.html.en
[x] docs/manual/ssl/ssl_faq.xml
[x] docs/manual/style/common.dtd
[x] docs/manual/style/modulesynopsis.dtd
[x] docs/manual/style/xsl/moduleindex.xsl
[x] docs/manual/style/xsl/synopsis.xsl
[x] docs/manual/vhosts/index.html.en
[x] docs/manual/vhosts/index.xml

[x] modules/dav/main/util.c
    gstein
    [ backport from HEAD (rev 1.43) ]

    When unlocking, the auto-checkin code does not need to refer to the
    parent resource. We want to (possibly) check in only the resource
    identified by the params.

    Bug found by David Waite <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

[x] modules/ssl/mod_ssl.c
[x] modules/ssl/ssl_engine_init.c
    wrowe
    After introducing tests in the cmds, we lose the absolute authority
    of the CRYPTO_malloc_init() which must happen the moment we load the
    module and prior to *any* ssl library fn invocation.

    Moved the CRYPTO_malloc_init() into the ssl_register_hooks() function,
    the absolute first call made into any loaded module.

[x] modules/ssl/ssl_engine_io.c
    wrowe
    Backport 1.101, jwoolley's commit...

    Fix some possibly-uninitialized variables.

[x] os/netware/util_nw.c
    bnicholes
    Added a required parameter to RegisterForEventNotification() to allow the
    function to be called in protected address space.

[x] os/win32/ap_regkey.c
[x] os/win32/util_win32.c
    stoddard
    Fix compile break on Windows due to apr/include/arch/win32/* filename renames.

[x] server/config.c
    wrowe
    The definition of ap_server_root_relative never included the fact
    that the file couldn't refer to a wildcard pattern or nonexistant
    resource.  Allow these cases so that Win32, OS2 and Netware don't
    choke on the creation of a new file or directory pattern.

    wrowe
    Fix a typo reported by Blair Zajac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

[x] server/core.c
    gregames
    prevent fd's from leaking until the end of a long-lived keepalive connection

    wrowe
    With the latest patch to config.c this code does work on wildcards.

=== apr

[x] CHANGES

[x] NWGNUmakefile
    bnicholes
    Replaced the apr_atomic_dec function and the apr_atomic_casptr macro
    with inline functions for NetWare.

[x] apr.dsw
    wrowe
    Add the apr_app targets (which allow us to clean up the args, and should
    at some point allow us to host WinNT services as 'daemons' with the app
    totally ignorant of WinNT.)

[x] apr-config.in
    jerenkrantz
    Allow apr-config to work in symlinked install directories when 'realpath' is
    available.

    (Darwin and FreeBSD have realpath.  Solaris doesn't.)

    jerenkrantz
    The which line should be double-quoted.

[x] config.layout
    thommay
    Apply fix to add library versioning to the debian layout.

[x] build/NWGNUenvironment.inc
    bnicholes
    Don't require MMX

[x] dso/netware/dso.c
    bnicholes
    Normalize the path before trying to load the module.

[x] file_io/netware/filestat.c
[x] file_io/unix/open.c
[x] include/arch/netware/apr_private.h
[x] misc/netware/libprews.c
    bnicholes
    Remove the stat info caching for NetWare

[x] file_io/win32/filepath.c
    bnicholes
    Since deconstruct() does not actually validate the path, the check is meaningless.

[x] include/apr.hnw
    wrowe
    Catch up on some new apr.h.in flags for consistency.

    Brad, please correct the netware 64 bit flag, if yo[ ] have some macro
    to test on that platform.

    bnicholes
    Remove the stat info caching for NetWare

[x] include/apr.hw
    wrowe
    Catch up on some new apr.h.in flags for consistency.

    Brad, please correct the netware 64 bit flag, if yo[ ] have some macro
    to test on that platform.

    wrowe
    Brane is 100% on target... I leave this turned on (myself) but it shouldn't
    be defined by default!

[x] include/apr_atomic.h
    sasha
    When one does not use the value of the apr_atomic_cas macro,
    GCC 2.95.3/3.2.1 will happily optimize the assembler statement away (x86).

    bnicholes
    Replaced the apr_atomic_dec function and the apr_atomic_casptr macro
    with inline functions for NetWare.

    bjh
    OS/2: Enable inline assembly version of atomics as they work well with EMX GCC.

[x] include/apr_general.h
    wrowe
    While this is a 'proper' change, it breaks 64 bit platforms.
    Identify as "this will change" with the 1.0 (or 0.10) generation.

[x] include/apr_hash.h
[x] misc/netware/rand.c
[x] misc/unix/rand.c
[x] misc/win32/rand.c
    wrowe
    A binary-safe patch that satisfies Jerenkrantz's original desire for
    more elements, but structured such that we still use the optimal platform
    element indexes (a machine int is generally faster than a fractional int).

[x] network_io/unix/sockaddr.c
    wrowe
    Any header required by one platform is likely required by them all...
    if testsuite IPV6 wasn't working, this is probably the reason.

[x] tables/apr_hash.c
    wrowe
    A binary-safe patch that satisfies Jerenkrantz's original desire for
    more elements, but structured such that we still use the optimal platform
    element indexes (a machine int is generally faster than a fractional int).

[x] test/nw_misc.c
[x] test/nwgnuaprtest
    bnicholes
    Add the pipe test back in for NetWare

[x] test/testall.dsp
    wrowe
    Need to build accessor binaries for the test suite

[x] test/testnames.c
    bnicholes
    Add the NetWare file system root string

[x] test/testtime.c
    wrowe
    One cannot just 'shift' the time by editing tm_gmtoff.

[x] threadproc/netware/proc.c
    bnicholes
    Always load the NLM detached so that we don't have to wait for it to clean
    up when it terminates.  Also check for the correct return value for procve()

[x] time/win32/time.c
[x] time/win32/timestr.c
    wrowe
    To divine the timezone and daylight savings time, effective as of the
    given date, we need to change our strategy altogether from the old
    FileTimeToLocalFileTime to the SystemTimeToTzSpecificLocalTime API.

    We also need to leave the responsibility of mapping tm_gmtoff and
    tm_isdst to the caller, because this isn't the function that can best
    guess at the gyrations.

    This code tests out fine after introducing %R to the win32 extra
    translations.  However, there is still the time zone disparity since
    the existing tests only succeed on PST machines.

=== apr-util

[x] CHANGES

[x] apu-config.in
    jerenkrantz
    Allow apu-config to work in symlinked install directories when 'realpath' is
    available.

    jerenkrantz
    The which line should be double-quoted.

[x] config.layout
    thommay
    Update Debian layout to use versioned names

[x] include/apr_queue.h
[x] misc/apr_queue.c
    wrowe
    Preserve Justin's desire for a larger namespace with s/signed/unsigned/ int
    while not destroying the binary compatibility of field sizes.

[x] include/apu.hnw
    bnicholes
    Indicate that APU has iconv support

[x] test/Makefile.win
[x] test/testxlate.c
    brane
    Added some tests for the apr_xlate code, and a makefile that builds the test
    programs on Windows.

[x] xlate/xlate.c
    stoddard
    There is no such beast as APU_HAS_APR_ICONV

    wrowe
    Some problematic code since Mr. Stoddard recognized we weren't setting
    or testing the correct #defines.

    wrowe
    Fix APU test bogosity

    brane
    Fixed a typo in the status-checking code when usin apr-iconv to translate
    a buffer: The code was checking the inbytes_left pointer, instead of the
    value it pointed to.