* Lars Eilebrecht wrote:

> According to André Malo:
>
>> * [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>>   replacing "&" with "&" in an URL is not a good idea.
>>
>> sorry, but it is. Not using & is wrong.
>> See: <http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/appendix/notes.html#h-B.2.2>
>
> Err ... but the links don't work then. (?)

Sure. Alan Flavell has made some test and written a lot of stuff about this
topic: <http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/~flavell/www/formgetbyurl.html#htmlify>

Conclusion: & in URLs (in HTML, i.e. within the href attribute) should
always be encoded as &amp;, otherwise the browsers may fail (wide spread
example: /foo?blah=1&copy=2 may be resolved to /foo?blah=1©=2, which is
really not desired).
Since it's HTML, the browser will resolve the &amp; correctly to & (already
at parse time). I don't know any webbrowser that does it wrong.
However, I guess, in xhtml it's even a must.

nd
--
die (eval q-qq[Just Another Perl Hacker
]