From: Aaron Bannert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 5:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Artificial delay on traffic

Could it be TCP_CORK?

-aaron

On Thursday, February 13, 2003, at 12:14 PM, Juan Rivera wrote:

I wrote a SOCKS module for Apache 2. I started off with the proxy_connect code and added the SOCKS handshake plus the filter chain on the client socket. I use it to pass ICA traffic. The ICA protocol is a very chatty protocol; it sends very small packets back and forth.

At first I was experiencing very large latency but it was because the socket created to the backend had nagling enabled. I disabled that and latency drop to almost zero.

On Linux, I still experience some latency but I can not identify the problem. The httpd process is not saturating at all. I'm wondering if there is another type of hidden buffering that is causing that delay.