Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

--On Wednesday, February 19, 2003 2:12 PM -0500 Jeff Trawick
 wrote:

> The attached patch changes sig_coredump to call a hook.  In the
> fullness of time, the ap_exception_info_t provided to the hook
> would contain any and all relevant information available to a
> signal/exception handler (e.g., siginfo_t on many Unix variants).

Here's a compromise that I'd be willing to accept: you have to explictly enable this hook at configure-time. Otherwise, this hook won't be executed on a signal.

Does anybody agree with Justin's compromise (i.e., if I put more effort into this direction am I going to find out that somebody doesn't think the compromise is conservative enough :) )?