On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 05:23:27PM -0500, Allan Edwards wrote:

> Also, anyone have a good reason why we can't remove these
> lines and allow mod_cache to serve default welcome pages?
>
>      /* DECLINE urls ending in / ??? EGP: why? */
>      if (url[urllen-1] == '/') {
>          return DECLINED;
>      }
>
> Allan

This isn't really a qualified comment as I haven't really contributed
as a developper (yet), but I'd still like to share it with you:

I've recently adapted the cache modules of a vanilla 2.0.44 source
tree in order to enable reverse proxy caching for an important but
slow performance site of ours that generates mostly static content with
dynamically served pages.
In the course of those changes (which include RFC violations) we
also stumbled across the fact that URLs ending in / are not cached.
We removed the corresponding lines - the change works fine so far and
we cannot see a reason why it shouldn't be done, either.

Cheers - Harry