On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Joe Orton wrote:

Hi,

> Submitted by: Christian Kratzer, Bjoern A. Zeeb

> -
> -        apr_file_inherit_set(s->error_log);
>      }

so now we are back to that point that needs further discussing.

Should we simply remove apr_file_inherit_set or explicitly call
apr_file_unset_inherit ? Simply removing works as long as defaults in
APR remain but there is still p.ex.:
        if (!(flag & APR_FILE_NOCLEANUP)){
that can again prevent the child_cleanup_fn from being set (seems to
unused in open at the moment).

It seems to me that the apr_file_inherit_set had been in because up
to including httpd 2.0.39 a bug in apr prevented _set/_unset from
working as expected (the 2^24 vs. 2<<24 flag check).
Thus _set did the correct thing that _unset should have done.
If the _sets had been in for some specific reason we sould perhaps
use _unset.
So there needs to be further tracking on why the _sets had been
committed to apache code.

Comments ?

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                          bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT
56 69 73 69 74                          http://www.zabbadoz.net/