I'm running into a problem with some code based on the
mod_cgid module, on hp-ux.  I've also submitted
the underlying problem to comp.systems.hp.hpux.

The problem is that the underlying cgi hangs on a read
from stdin when there is actually no data left to be read.
I can reduce this to a simple discrepency between HP-UX
and other platforms, Linux being my example.  On Linux,
when the socket shutdown(sd, 1) is done by the sender, the
read on the socket returns with eof.  On HP-UX, this
doesn't happen until the socket is actually closed.

My code happens to be based on 2.0.40, though I've looked
at the changes in 2.0.44 and they don't seem relevant
(the changes are there to catch EINTR, but I don't see
any way to trigger that).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Gary

PS: I originally submitted this to the users list, where
someone suggested I resubmit here.

                  Ready-to-Run Software, Inc.
              The Industry's Leading Provider of
              Cross-Platform Software Services
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 Gary Feldman
fax  : 1-978-692-5401              Ready-to-Run Software, Inc.
voice: 1-978-251-5431              11 School Street
www  : http://www.rtr.com          North Chelmsford, MA 01863
                                                     USA