Thom May wrote:

* Jeff Trawick ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :

>Thom May wrote:
>

>>fails to configure with the following error:
>>Construct makefiles and header files...
>>creating config_vars.mk
>>updating cache ./config.cache
>>creating ./config.status
>>creating docs/conf/httpd-std.conf
>>sed: file conftest.s2 line 71: Unterminated `s' command
>

>What is your configure invocation and platform pretty-please?

straight configure with no arguments, Debian GNU/Linux (unstable) with Gnu
sed 4.0.5 .
for what it's worth, APACHE_2_0_BRANCH configures quite happily, using the
same apr/apr-util.

I have no problems with RedHat 6.1 and RedHat 8.0, both with GNU sed 3.02. I'm too lazy at the moment to build GNU sed 4.0.5 right now to see if it will then fail on my box. You might back down on your sed level to see if that is the crucial difference.

I'm surprised that it makes a difference when you use APACHE_2_0_BRANCH. I guess you checked the relevant sed invocation and found that it was the same. I wonder if some other parts of the config leave a stray IFS setting or something else that could enable certain seds to get confused.