I am writing a module that would very much like to find out if a particular user has access to a particular URI (not the URI that got to my module). Is there any way through an inter-module framework or the like to call this function from within my module? I'd rather not formulate another HTTP request just to test this.

If you must know why, I'm working on a mod_dav submodule and we'd like to not display information in PROPFIND that the user shouldn't be able to read via any other method.

My apologies if this is not the correct list to ask this question.