Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

This generates failures on Solaris (which does not have cpp). It also looks
like your grep usage is relying upon some extended grep semantics (-e).

I will take the code out of buildconf until it can be fixed. I was not aware of these portability issues, having used the same techniques used in the spec file (which in hindsight is obviously redhat specific).

Looking at how other projects do it, they generate their spec files as output
from autoconf rather than generating them manually. This has the drawback as
the vendor must run configure to produce the spec files, but this seems to be
the common practice. So, I think it's acceptable. And, if you were to do this,
this would become much cleaner and portable (a few AC_SUBST's and autoconf
can find an egrep and cpp that work to expand/find the #define's for you).

Where does ap_release.h get it's version #define's from? These exist before ./configure is generated - surely the same method (whatever it is) can be used here?

Regards,
Graham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               "There's a moon
                                        over Bourbon Street
                                                tonight..."