At 04:14 PM 3/31/2003, Jeff D. Hamann wrote:
>I'm desparately wanting to develop a new module for apache2 (that doesn't
>lots of computations) and have no idea how you go about debugging a module
>using devstudio. How do you debug a module using devstudio?

Couple of quick tricks.

First, it's easier now that we copy the .pdb files along with the modules and
binaries (even for release builds.)  You have alot more flexibility.

Second, if you are building debug modules, you should plug them into
a debug build of the server.  There are some oddities in malloc()/free()
between the two build types.

To build the server in devstudio, just open the apache.dsw project and
build the InstallBin target.

Set up the debug settings to point to the \apache2\bin\apache.exe
program and set the arguments to -X.  That will tell apache not to
launch a child process, but run in the one process.  Add your module
to the list of .dll's to preload.  Now you can set up breakpoints in
apache, within your own module, etc.

Hope this helps.

Bill