Rahul Kohli wrote:
I am installing apache 2.0.43 on AIX 4.3.2 using gcc version 3.2.3.

While installing (make) I am getting the following errors:

In file included from /usr/include/sys/pri.h:29,
                 from /usr/include/sys/sched.h:38,
                 from /usr/include/sched.h:52,
                 from /usr/include/pthread.h:43,
                 from ../../include/apr_portable.h:90,
                 from dir.c:57:
/usr/include/sys/proc.h:203: syntax error before "crid_t"
/usr/include/sys/proc.h:212: syntax error before "p_class"
/usr/include/sys/proc.h:355: syntax error before '}' token
make[4]: *** [dir.lo] Error 1

I searched for the similiar error and find the possible resolution is building gcc on aix 4.3.2

definitely... gcc's mangled copy of includes doesn't match your system, so you get a mismatch of old and new declearations

Please let me know if the resolution lies in building gcc on AIX m/c and if yes
>then which gcc version should i go for.

the problem lies in gcc, so presumably building it on your box will fix it... maybe you can find out from gcc gurus how to run the procedure to re-mangle the includes ("fixincludes" is the name of the program or processing step)... if so, I would appreciate hearing how to do that...

the only pre-built version of gcc I personally can vouch for as unproblematic with Apache 1.3/2.0 is IBM's RPM of gcc, but I believe it requires AIX >= 4.3.3 (google for >IBM RPM gcc AIX< to see for sure)