Hi all,
I've problems creating a SDBM database on Linux with both Apache 1.3 and 2.0 SDBM lib;
with AP2 I've tried from my module:

    retval = apr_dbm_open_ex(&dbm, c->cntr_dbmtype, c->cntr_file, APR_DBM_RWCREATE,
                             DEFAULT_DBM_PERM, r->pool);

also I have tried with permission 0x666 and 0x777, but the database isnt created;
when I first touch the needed files everything works fine. Is this intended behavior,
or is it somehow possible that the database is created automatically?

With NetWare and Windows it works fine - only on Unix I've this problem...
and the same happens also with the 1.3 SDBM lib...

Guenter.