On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Günter Knauf wrote:

> Hi all, it seems that the download mirrors do not mirror the HEADER.html
> and README.html files; and also the .htaccess settings for IndexOptions
> DescriptionWidth and NameWidth are not active on the mirrors...; f.e.:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/netware/
> http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/ and:
> http://www.apache.de/dist/httpd/binaries/netware/
> http://www.apache.de/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/

HEADER.html and README.html are mirrored, they are just also included in
IndexIgnore by some mirrors.

The problem is that some mirrors do not follow our recommended
configuration described at
http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html

If the mirror is still basically usable, I don't remove it.  Most people
never see these directories anyway since they get everything they need
through
http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi

Joshua.