--On Thursday, August 14, 2003 6:06 PM +0100 "Colm MacCarthaigh,,," <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Both these things really need to happen. The first is relatively
trivial:

Yup, I agree. I committed a variant of this to the tree. (The patch you submitted would only execute if the APR_IPV4_ADDR_ONLY flag or whatever would be passed in.)

Until a truly AF agnostic ACL implementation can be used (see
http://www.stdlib.net/~colmmacc/nsd/subnet.h and the accomponying
subnet.c for a rough idea) the Darwin problem should be solveable
by checking the IN6_IS_ADDR_V4MAPPED macro, and if so ignoring
the first 96 bytes and passing the last 32 on.

Hmm. Would it be possible to submit a patch for this? I'm not entirely clear where this would go.

This is the bug I was trying to get across (badly) the day before
yesterday. The fact that getaddrinfo returns a linked list is pretty
much ignored by alloc_listener :(

Okay, let me take a pass at trying to fix this. I think this should be solvable pretty easily.

http://www.apache.org/~jerenkrantz/getaddr.c

That has a a bug of it's own :)

Thanks. Fixed. ;-) -- justin