Gagan Puri wrote:

I have an an application which is working with apache web server on Linux As 2.1 m/c. While compiling I have to use -Wl,-Bsymbolic option. My compiler is gcc. When I use this option & try to compile my application, I get following warnings:

ExAPACHE.o: In function `CExApi::GetProtInfo(tagProtocolInfo*)':
ExAPACHE.o(.text+0x237): undefined reference to `ap_table_get'
ExAPACHE.o(.text+0x263): undefined reference to `ap_get_server_port'

-Wl,-Bsymbolic says when creating a shared library, bind references to global symbols to the definition within the shared library, if any.

All the symbols shown above are apache symbols. How can I get rid of these symbols. If I don't use -Wl,-Bsymbolic option these warning do't come. But I have to use -Wl,-Bsymbolic in my compilation. How can I get rid of these unnecessary warnings.

maybe there is another option that tells ld to ignore unresolved symbols?

this is a question for GNU ld experts...