At 06:06 AM 10/21/2003, Tikka, Sami wrote:
> [...]

Once *one* byte of data has passed through a given filter within the filter chain,
you cannot know if one filter is sitting on bytes of request or response body
that it is waiting for completion.  Maybe it has a partial token stored, maybe
it's an incomplete multibyte sequence for a given code page translation.
In both cases, once a byte is inside the filter chain, during a request (this is
what I'm assuming your module does) you cannot add and drop filters.

Those APIs are used for changing the filters before the request is processed.