Brad Nicholes wrote:

> >Also, this exposes a bug, I think, in 2.0/2.1.
> >parsed_uri.port is valid iff parsed_uri.port_str != NULL.
> >Currently, we are testing just to see if parsed_uri.port
> >itself isn't 0.
>
> What you are saying then is that without testing parsed_uri.port_str,
> there is no way of knowing if port 0 could actually be a valid port or
> if parsed_uri.port contains garbage that just happens to look like a
> port.  The former depends on whether port 0 can actually be a valid port
> and the latter depends on how the parsed_uri structure is initialized.
>

>From what I can see (prelim look into the URI parsing) it is
possible for port to be garbage if port_str == NULL. Exactly
what kind of garbage is undefined... it could be 0 for some
and *real* garbage for others... The check for port!=0 doesn't
suffice to ensure that the value used for port is *valid*.
Note that a garbage value of port that is non-zero would
be used as valid in 2.x right now...

mod_proxy, by the way, gets this right and checks port_str before
using port.
   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [|]   http://www.jaguNET.com/