Lars Hecking wrote:

Plain, unpatched 1.3.29 without mod_ssl and mm gives the same error.

# ./apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 205 of /WWWserv/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /WWWserv/libexec/mod_mime_magic.so into server: ld.so.1:
/WWWserv/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file /WWWserv/libexec/mod_mime_magic.so:
symbol ap_pcalloc: referenced symbol not found

If latest != 29, where can I find it?

latest == 29 is a sufficient approximation :) (I don't recall any build changes whatsoever recently)

I can try it on a Solaris 9 box. What configure invocation are you using and which compiler?