--On Tuesday, December 23, 2003 2:59 PM +0000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

  +  PR 24469, broken reverse lookups with IPv4-mapped addrs on old OS X
  +    The autoconf check added between 2.0.47 and 2.0.48 isn't
  +    sufficient for catching the OS X problem, because building the
  +    IPv4 numeric address string from IPv4-mapped address would work
  +    but actually resolving the host would not.  To catch the check
  +    via retcode, you have to specify the NI_NAMEREQD flag.

I think APR 1.0 already has this fix. It's probably that we need to backport r1.24 of build/apr_network.m4 (which was done after the 0.9 branch point). Or, am I misunderstanding? -- justin