Bill Stoddard wrote:

WHat happens if the handler DECLINES the request

My guess is that the default handler will be called, try to open a non-existant file and send back a 404. I'll find out.

Make sure file 'silly' exists in documentroot and make sure it has access protections coded in a Directory </> container :-)

oh my poor head! I'm not too worried about people who do such things.

mod_status and mod_info both are enabled via <Location > containers. mod_status never DECLINEs if it is the handler. mod_info DECLINEs if the method isn't GET. Let me see what happens if I send mod_info some other method.

My not so well formed thoughts are that if a module claims it should handle a request based on a SetHandler directive in a Location directive, the server should not allow that handler to DECLINE the request. Putting it another way, if the handler claims the request then DECLINEs, the server should prevent other handlers from attempting to serve the request.

hmmm, that might simplify some potentially weird cases.

Greg