Jim Jagielski wrote:
Anyway +1 (untested) for the core patch.

+1 (tested) on the core-patch... I'm mulling over whether it should be included by default or, at least, runtime configurable :)

personally I would like to see one of those two so that users who are experiencing a problem that could perhaps be helped with a diagnostic module don't have to rebuild their server... that's a big showstopper if you don't build the server yourself

such diagnostic modules don't solve all the world's problems, and support would lose face very quickly if big hurdles were required to enable the modules only to get yet more evidence that the problem is so insidious that all attempts to capture data are fruitless :)

but: see comments from Justin and Cliff when I first proposed this for the 2.1 tree... it finally went in (perhaps begrudgingly?) but it is enabled with --enable-something configure option