Mads Toftum wrote:
On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 06:48:46AM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:

anyone else lurking?

A very nice idea - seen with my #apache hat on, it'd be really
nice to get this when people turn up complaining about segfaults.
With my old admin and security paranoid hats on, it would certainly be nice too - but runtime configurable would certainly
be nice.

perhaps EnableExceptionHook {On|Off}?

but this brings up the question: on what platforms does it actually work? probably all unix-ish platforms

if it is only enabled via special build flag, Jeff doesn't have to think about where it works :)

if the code is always built into the server (with/without EnableExceptionHook setting), perhaps we should add the #define AP_ENABLE_EXCEPTION_HOOK in ap_config.h for platforms where we know it will work and the use of it will not cause additional problems? users can always define AP_ENABLE_EXCEPTION_HOOK manually if they wish to test suitability on their box...