On 26.01.2004, at 18:32, Aryeh Katz wrote:

http://apache.get-software.com/httpd/binaries/win32/README.html
doesn't have the correct version numbers.

Fixed (also in HEADER.html).

As an aside, would it make more sense to use SSI, and get the version number from the SERVER_SOFTWARE environment variable (I assume apache.org will always be running the most up to date version of apache).

Perhaps on apache.org this would be doable but keep in mind that we don't have any control over the mirrors (see your URL above!). Furthermore there's usually only one version of Apache running, 1.3 or 2.0, so how would we get to the other version number?

Cheers,
Erik

--
Aryeh Katz