On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, [ISO-8859-15] André Malo wrote:

> * [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > If there are sites out there that ignore the piece about the content living
> > outside the filesystem, my previous patch which requires no new
> > configuration might create problems.  This version adds an OutsideFilesystem
> > directive, only valid in <Location>, to eliminate the possibility for
> > unpleasant surprises when upgrading httpd.  It causes the directory walk to
> > be skipped if set.  btw, I'm thinking of this as a 2.1 thing which wouldn't
> > be backported.
>
> (without closer looking at the code)
> I'd suggest rather
>
> <Location [virtual] /uri-path>
> </Location>
>
> where the virtual keyword defines that the location is independent from
> filesystem.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the issue, but neither of these make sense to
me.  It is not really the behavior of the <Location> block that is
changing.  <Location> always acts outside the filesystem.  What is
changing is that a certain directive inside a <Location> block should be
applied differently.  So shouldn't this just be

SetVirtualHandler server-status
or
SetHandler virtual server-status

Joshua.