I'm totally confused now :)  Do you want Apache to handle the UDP request
as an HTTP request?  Or do you want a UDP port that does something else?

First if you want a pool of UDP listeners, explore the MPM - it's the MPM's
job to dispatch requests from TCP, so it would make sense to build upon
another MPM to handle the connections.

Second if you want to handle a protocol other than HTTP, see mod_echo
as an example (trivial of course, just as the echo protocol is trivial.)

Bill