Joshua Slive wrote:
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Brian Akins wrote:

<Location /dynamic-stuff>
        SetHandler virtual-dynamic-handler
</Location>

Alias /normal/stuff/dyn /dynamic-stuff

How would all this affect this situation? IE, we would still need to know that /normal/stuff/dyn/1/2/test.html became /dynamic-stuff/1/2/test.html

Alias maps URLs to the filesystem.  The second argument must be a
filesystem path, and should not be mapped against any <Location>.

Joshua.

OK. So in my example, in the proposed system, I should use Rewrite? So the alias would become:

RewriteRule /normal/stuff/dyn(.*) /dynamic-stuff/$1

I am agreement with the need to not do uneccesarry stats, but I do'nt want to have to write my own "alias" style routine...

--
Brian Akins
Senior Systems Engineer