Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On Wednesday, March 3, 2004 10:16 AM +0100 jean-frederic clere
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> MIDDLE helps to fix 21546... But I do not see why ;-(
>

> Oh, *now* I understand the context to Henri's question.  Here's a
> suggestion. And, no, I don't think changing the priority to MIDDLE (or
> LAST) will solve the problem either.
>
> I think you want to remove the translate_name hook entirely and fold
> that functionality into the map_to_storage hook.  mod_jk isn't
> translating or modifying r->filename, but instead mapping the path (as
> determined by all of the other modules) to storage.  At the point when
> translate_name is called, we don't have any idea what path the JSP is
> going to be at.  PR 21546 is causing a problem because mod_jk2 is
> interfering with the other modules from performing their translation of
> r->filename.
>
> I think the missing module in J-F Clere's analysis of 21546 is
> mod_alias. mod_alias also has a MIDDLE translate name hook.  So, if you
> switch mod_jk2 to MIDDLE, mod_alias's hook would run before mod_jk2's
> translate name hook. Since translate_name is a RUN_FIRST hook, it then
> won't execute mod_jk2's translate name hook.  Yet, this would allow
> mod_dav to operate properly on non-GET/POST requests as the filename
> will be the 'correct' one which is resolvable by mod_dav_fs.
>
> But, what happens when mod_jk's translate hook doesn't run but the Alias
> hook does?  As I read the mod_jk2 code, I don't see how the uriEnv will
> be setup properly in the r->request_config vector.  I have a hunch that
> mod_jk2 will subsequently pass on all requests when an Alias in effect
> for that location space if you use MIDDLE for mod_jk2.  That's bad.

Very bad!:
+++
 [Wed Mar 03 12:09:04 2004] [error] [client 172.25.182.35] File does not exist:
/examples
[Wed Mar 03 12:09:05 2004] [notice] child pid 5865 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11), possible coredump in /home/apache20/apache20
+++
I have just add:
Alias /myniceexamples /examples
in httpd.conf that has the mod_jk2 directive:
+++
  <Location /examples>
    JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
  </Location>