Hello,

    I'm writing an Apache 2.0 module, and it seems to me I need a way to
programatically restart Apache. The reason is that we have our own config
file which can be updated outside Apache, and then we'd like to gracefully
restart our stuff (e.g. using an "admin" handler for that).

    It seemed reasonable to me to use Apache's graceful restart mechanism
(we should work both with WinNT and Unix/Prefork MPMs). I even found
ap_signal_parent(SIGNAL_PARENT_RESTART_GRACEFUL)  for the WinNT MPM. But I'm
not sure how it will survive a multi-user situation, plus I didn't find
anything similar for the Prefork.

    I guess it's a sensitive thing for a humble child process to make the
master process do something, specially a restart. Am I missing a simple
mechanism to do that? Any thoughts about such an addition to the MPMs?

    TIA,

        Efri Nattel-Shay
        OpTier Ltd.