On Apr 15, 2004, at 3:53 PM, Geoffrey Young wrote:

+ (December 2003), most major browsers support digest
+ authentication. However, the only major browsers which support
+ the old digest authentication format are <a href="http://www.opera.com/";>Opera 4.0</a>,
+ <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/";>MS Internet

that still doesn't sound quite right to me. here is how I recall the state
of affairs last I checked all the browsers (admittedly over a year ago, but
most browsers don't remove features, and MSIE is still borked by all
accounts). feel free to adopt it (or not) or alter the wording/formatting
at will - I was just trying to help things a bit.

Excellent improvement! Thanks.