Hi,

I've tried get a stacktrace from the core but was unsuccessful, adb
reports no_entry. The machine is a hppa2.0w ( 64 bit ), the
application is 32 bit, which is not a problem, but I assume supplying
a 32 bit binary and a 64 bit core to adb would cause strange
behaviour, no ?

Anyway, I have no more time to spend on this problem so I'll leave the
caching disabled and try to increase the performance of the openldap
server.

I'll try again with the next release.

Thanks again for all your responses !

Peter.

Graham Leggett wrote:

| Peter Van Biesen wrote:
|
|> I created the directory ldapCache under the serverroot and
|> restarted the server. The file sharedCacheFile was created, but
|> with owner root, while the server itself runs under sysadm user (
|> but apachectl is run by root, to be able to bind to port 80 ) .
|> Anyways, the httpd child processes all core :
|

|> Is this due to the permission problem ? Is there a way to avoid
|> this ? Or do I have to initialize the sharedCacheFile in some
|> special way ?
|

| Any core is a software problem, not a setup one - can you provide a
| backtrace on the core?
|
| Regards,
| Graham
| --