On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Graham Leggett wrote:

> Nick Kew wrote:
>
> > Can anyone see why proxy_fixup should not be removed altogether?
>
> Proxy fixup seems to do the job of making sure the URL "/%41%42%43"
> matches "ProxyPass /ABC http://xxx/ABC";, so I don't think it should be
> removed altogether.

OK, the reason for that is that the patch moved ProxyPass-ing from
proxy_trans to proxy_detect.  The latter happens before canonicalisation,
which is both why the patch works and why it breaks the above.

A fix is for alias_match() to recognise %xx sequences.  I've now
implemented it, but also separated out the URI-trouble stuff with
#ifdef FIX_15207
on the grounds that it's still subject to debate.

That still leaves us a proxy_fixup with no purpose I can see.
Perhaps someone who uses it with mod_rewrite can say if it
does anything for you?

--
Nick Kew