--On Wednesday, August 4, 2004 5:18 PM -0400 Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

But it couldn't be as expensive as caching a variant for every User-Agent
that accesses your site.  What is probably needed is
CacheVaryOn env-variable
which would override the vary-matching decision to vary only on the content
of env-variable (which could be just on/off in this case), but not touch the
actual Vary: header, since down-stream caches wouldn't have the extra logic
needed determine if they needed to vary.

Disk space is cheap. ;-)

I think the vary header would still be preserved in the cached copy, so I'm not sure how down-stream caches would be affected. -- justin