On the contrary!  I myself have done a great deal of work on a proxy
for mobile devices, for a household-name Client.  The client software
makes certain assumptions of the proxy that would not be valid on the
Web at large.  But the backend *is* the web at large.

But then the client is either using non-standard HTML forms or non-standard HTTP, neither of which is our concern. It doesn't make any sense to code a general proxy that assumes all chunked requests are meant to be length-delimited just because someone might write themselves a custom client that sends everything chunked. Those people can write their own proxies (or at least configure them to be sub-optimal).

....Roy