Justin Erenkrantz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> Therefore, folding might only be possible to do in ap_http_filter, but
> it can't go down further as into core_input_filter (which is where we
> now call apr_brigade_split_line). A new getline_folding filter right
> in front of ap_http_filter would do the trick,

I really don't like the very confusing AP_MODE_* semantics as a
fundamental component of the input filter API.  Why not just
replace ap_get_mime_headers_core with a "request_parser" filter
(or add this functionality to ap_http_filter) that parses both
the request line and the incoming headers?  If that were done,
there would be no need for an AP_MODE_GETLINE invocation (hence
no apr_brigade_split_line in core_input_filter).

--
Joe Schaefer