Geoffrey Young wrote:

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

At 04:36 PM 8/17/2004, Joe Orton wrote:

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 11:48:39AM -0400, Geoffrey Young wrote:

hi all

the attached patch is required for me to get mod_proxy to compile with -Werror.

Thanks Geoff. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether this function should really be deleted or if it's actually intended to be exported:

-PROXY_DECLARE(int) ap_proxy_post_request(proxy_worker *worker,
-                                         proxy_balancer *balancer,
-                                         request_rec *r,
-                                         proxy_server_conf *conf)
-{

I have the same concern... Madhu is gone for about another week,
we should have an answer, soon.

sure, that's fine.  I didn't consider the alternative, which is adding to
mod_proxy.h.  whoops :)

Adding it to mod_proxy.h is right the thing.
The idea is to have a ap_proxy_pre_request and ap_proxy_post_request: one called before "processing" the request and one after.

You can check cvs revision log for the include file to see if he deliberate dropped it.

this is the only reference I can find to that function at all

but I haven't been following this complex proxy world with a lot of detail.
 however, it is a recent addition, so I would guess that the include is just
missing the declaration.

at any rate, no sense rushing it along in lieu of the proper people
reviewing it - I was just trying to let people know about the warnings :)

--Geoff