At 12:59 PM 9/2/2004, Mladen Turk wrote:
>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>>>Could we hope the dev team to relax the situation for mod_proxy/ajp in
>>>future 2.0.x release
>>[...] please don't expect them
>>to sympathize when n.x.z -> n.x.(z+1) starts breaking things, this
>>undermines the confidence in one of the most successful open source
>>projects in the world.
>
>Although I'm not very happy with that, I must say that you hold
>'all the aces' :).

httpd, like Tomcat, is a meritocracy.  Jeff and I argued for a stable
tree and development effort not to break existing 2.0 users.  Others
argued against that.  The last round of voting our suggestion won.
Next vote that could change of course.

Just wanted to reinforce, no one individual or even group of devs
ever holds all the aces here :)

>The major problem is how to prove the new proxy stuff is stable

Aye - there is the rub.

Bill