Graham Leggett wrote:

It is not a problem to add the worker dynamically if never specified, but I'm worried about the security in that case. Is the NoProxy meant to be used in such situations?

This is why there was a split between determining the one (or more) IP addresses to potentially connect to, and then deciding which of those addresses is the best to connect to based on load balancer / round robin / whatever - sometime the downstream servers are client specified, rather than preconfigured in a config.

Here, the balancer might say "You are asking proxy to connect to an IP address that balancer has no clue about in my config. Let me just DNS round robin this one".

OK, we'll need to add the new worker if the DNS resolves the valid connection point/protocol.

Some Q's:
1. How can I suppress such a behavior if not needed
2. Is this a default behavior no mater what the config says
3. How to calculate the loadfactors when the new node is resolved
4. What about cases when I can connect to the node but the node
   returns 404 cause there is no application requested on that node,
   or I'm missing something.

The final ones:
Can you explain some real world usage of such configuration.
Can it be done using standard directives and what would they look like.

P.S.
Seems I've missed a day in school when they talk about
ProxyVia headers :).

Regards,
MT.