--On Tuesday, September 7, 2004 4:27 PM +1000 Jason Rigby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I found that you can get mod_ssl included as a binary if you download
the binaries that include PHP and mod_perl. (That's how I got it
working for me) I think mod_ssl isn't included for some strange export
issues however I'm not sure. Anyway, let me know if you have any luck
elsewhere.

Correct. Unless we file the right paperwork with the US government, we can't distribute binaries with mod_ssl enabled. Other ASF projects are now filing that paperwork on a regular basis (XML Security and now Derby), so it may be useful to get in touch with them to figure out the details.

Berin Lautenbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> has proposed an ASF-wide plan for notifying the right authorities. So, he'd be a good place to start. -- justin