Even after all my patches, I still get a bus error and core dump on the first LDAP authentication request on Solaris 8 with worker MPM and an active shared memory LDAP cache. [This is with iPlanet LDAP SDK 5.08, though I doubt that matters.]

I've run out of time to look into this further. Moreover, I am leaning towards very few Apache child processes with many threads. Thus I believe that having each process have its own cache with read/write locks is a better strategy for this arrangement and will just #if out the shared memory and move on.

--
Jess Holle