Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

--On Thursday, September 23, 2004 2:55 PM -0400 Bill Stoddard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This little gem causes a regression. Because cache->handle is left NULL,
we never cleanup stale entries in the cache (in cache_save_filter). Once
CacheMaxExpires hits, the stale entry will never be garbage collected
from the cache and replaced by a new entry.  Two ways to fix this come to
mind right off hand (neither are optimal i expect):

Well, I don't know about mod_mem_cache, but I don't believe this affects mod_disk_cache. mod_disk_cache overwrites the old entry if it is told to do so. It's possible that mod_mem_cache should do the same.

Will investigate.

FWIW, your 2 patches are identical. Not sure if that's what you intended or not. ;-) -- justin

Ooops, the other patch was to set cache->handle to h.

Bill