At 10:59 PM 9/28/2004, you wrote:
>On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:00:12 -0600, Brad Nicholes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>> Quoting the download page:
>>
>> "Official Patches
>> When we have patches to a minor bug or two, or features which we
>> haven't yet included in a new release, we will put them in the patches
>> subdirectory so people can get access to it before we roll another
>> complete release."

Ahhh - so this patch absolutely fits in the description!

>Any committer should be able to put patches in the appropriate
>directory for any fix s/he deems appropriate once it has been approved
>for the stable branch, without asking for additional approval, and
>without regards to whether or not there will be another release within
>n days.

Ack - anything R-T-C'ed into 2.0 already has the blessed stamp
of approval, just takes someone motivated to turn it into a patch.

On the matter of calling a binary distribution 2.0.52, however,
I'm still at odds with tossing in patches - if you do so, I'd
prefer that the binary distribution is clearly named -r2, -patch1,
or some such, to differentiate it from the "released" 2.0.52.

>As a *completely* separate issue: I'm don't think Brad should assume
>that there would not be enough people willing to test/approve another
>release just because it primarily contained fixes to experimental
>modules.  (Though he probably would get to do all the really heavy
>lifting.)

I for one, once all the cache and ldap changes are done, will be
very happy to help release .53, fwiw.

Bill