On Sep 28, 2004, at 4:36 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

I have an ongoing fight with the amount of spam at the two testers
lists, and because there is not a useful distinction, I'm thinking
that for those who want to participate, one list is sufficient.

+1

Would anyone object to merging the participants of stable-testers@
and current-testers@ into a single testers@ list for httpd.apache.org?

Are these lists announce-only, or are they discussion lists? I think the place to discuss the merits of test tarballs would be on [EMAIL PROTECTED] Having a separate discussion list for testers would keep information away from the folks on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

As it is, I myself would probably not subscribe to the new testers@ list, since the announcements show up on dev@ anyway, but I see the advantage of such a list for folks who like a heads-up for new releases without having to delve into the development list.

S. (my 2c)

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]              http://www.temme.net/sander/