Brad Nicholes wrote:
   I'm sure that last thing that you want to hear is another complaint
after all of the work you have gone to, but I'm not sure just listing
directories is a better compromise.  At least before I could see the
difference between CHANGES and STATUS, now I just see "trunk" which
could be any one of a number of files.  Not all of which I am interested
in.  Personally I would opt for file listings rather than directory
listings to keep the subject line shorter and more informative.  I also
don't need to see "svn commit: rxxxx" at the front of every message.  I
already know it is an SVN commit based on the mailing list it came from.
 And if I am really interested in the revision number, I'm sure I can
get that from the message content.

I agree with Brad.

Also what kind of usability one finds to get a 10 lines and more long Subject? Here is an example of a recent commit.

Subject: svn commit: r105803 - in httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework: . Apache-Test Apache-Test/lib/Apache Apache-Test/t Apache-Test/t/conf c-modules c-modules/authany c-modules/client_add_filter c-modules/eat_post c-modules/echo_post c-modules/echo_post_chunk c-modules/input_body_filter c-modules/list_modules c-modules/nntp_like c-modules/random_chunk c-modules/test_apr_uri c-modules/test_pass_brigade c-modules/test_rwrite c-modules/test_ssl t t/conf t/conf/ssl t/htdocs/modules/access/htaccess t/htdocs/modules/cgi t/htdocs/modules/rewrite t/modules

I think it'll be more useful to have the following Subject format:

$id $first_subdir/$first_file ($trunk)

in the example above (where only dirs were affected):

Subject: r105803 . (httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework)

If there was a file changed, e.g. Apache-Test/README

Subject: r105803 Apache-Test/README (httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework)

if you wish to retain 'svn' prefix, that's fine, but there is need to waste space with 'svn commit'. e.g.:

-- __________________________________________________________________ Stas Bekman JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker http://stason.org/ mod_perl Guide ---> http://perl.apache.org mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://use.perl.org http://apacheweek.com http://modperlbook.org http://apache.org http://ticketmaster.com