On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 11:45:31 -0700, Paul Querna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > If we simply leave 2.0 as no-features / critical bugfixes / security
> > bugfixes / any other nice patches someone wants to craft and get
> > votes for - that would be sufficient.
>
> That is how I would want to leave it.
>
> The problem is, this does not set *any* expectations for how long we
> will provide these fixes.

The PMC would have to be willing to specifically forbid maintenance of
2.0 in order to determine such a date.  There are more than 3 httpd
developers who promise their own customers that their 2.0-based
servers will be supported for some years to come with no migration
steps required to get critical fixes, and it will be only natural for
those folks to want to share any such fixes with the rest of the
world.