* Brad Nicholes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<big_snip />

Hi folks,

Why bundling 3rd-party packages anyway ?!

I personally *always* use sysetm libs instead of bundled libs when
some packages do such bundling. But I'm really unhappy that apache2's
configure does not provide an option for doing that on pcre.
Especially in embedded systems (which is one of my focuses) its
an really unnecessary wastal of resources.

Why isn't there an option for using system's pcre ?

Why is pcre bundled anyway ? Other packages (ie zlib or expat) are
also not bundled, so why pcre ?

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481