Enrico Weigelt wrote:
* Paul Querna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

shot yourself. apache2 requires expat, which is less common than pcre.

does not. APR-Util embeds expat.

eh? uglier than i thouht!

why isnt there an --with-expat=... option for enforcing use of external expat ?

There is:

srclib/apr-util/configure --help | grep expat
  --with-expat=DIR        specify Expat location

btw: why is it a goal to put all dependencies into the package just to be able to do "make && make install" w/o any preparations ?!

dependencies are to be tracked by the computer, 100% automatically.

Dependencies are to be tracked by a vendor, not by our users who download the source from us.

I agree with you however, but this is the current state of httpd. Patches to allow using of external libs for everything we currently embed are extremely welcome.

-Paul