* Joe Orton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yeah, that was fixed in 1.5.10.  For an autoconf 2.59-generated
> configure script the only reference to "grep -E" is in the test to see
> whether grep -E works or not, so that looks fixed to me too.

well, i've tried to regenerate configure with the newest autoconf,
but without any effect. new and old files dont differ.
ergo problem remains unsolved, a clean build is nearly impossible.

btw: i've tried the --with-gnu-ld option, but also without any
noticable effect.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481