On Jan 1, 2005, at 1:38 PM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
Apache 1.3 does not support chunked request bodies. (All 2.x GA releases
do though.) So, that factors very much in the reason that I don't think
we should send chunks by default: all requests to 1.3.x would receive
some 4xx (413??) error if we tried to pass chunks. -- justin

Umm, yes it does support chunked request bodies -- I wrote that code long before 2.0 even started. Only the CGI module doesn't support it because CGI depends on knowing the length in advance.

....Roy