The LDAP_OPT_SEND_TIMEOUT option appears to be a Microsoft LDAP SDK
only option.  As I see it we can go in a couple of different ways here.

1) Implement the connection pool as an apr_reslist and let it handle
the connection timeouts as Graham suggested.
2) Add another #ifdef to the existing code to use LDAP_OPT_SEND_TIMEOUT
if supported.

Maybe for the short term we just add the #ifdef and then see what
Graham comes up with for the apr_reslist implementation.

Brad

Jess Holle wrote:
> Ouch!
>
> Does the MS LDAP SDK define anything equivalent?

Perhaps LDAP_OPT_SEND_TIMEOUT:
The limit on the number of seconds that the local LDAP client will wait

while attempting to send data to a remote computer. If the send
operation is not completed before the timeout period expires, the LDAP

call will fail with an LDAP_TIMEOUT error code.

> Fixing this on some platforms is better than on none, though.

Regards,
Mladen.